WSSB General Contest Rules
The following stipulates general contest rules for contests, either “on” or "off" air, featured on WSSB. Each contest may have its own additional special restrictions/qualifications.
- Contests are open to U.S. residents only, each entrant must provide his or her address, phone number, and birthdates, and except in phone-in contests, only one entry per person will be accepted per contest. Unless otherwise specified, entrants must be 18 or older.
- Employees, volunteer staff, and students of WSSB and their immediate families are ineligible to enter/win any contest(s) staged on WSSB.
- Unless otherwise specified, prizes must be picked up in person from our office, located at 300 College Street Northeast, Nance Hall Basement, Orangeburg, South Carolina 29117 during normal business hours only, Monday-Friday, from 8:00am to 4:00pm. (Holidays excluded). All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals and expenses associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. If tickets are on "will call" the night of the performance/event, winners will be asked to go to the will call window of the venue of the performance/event to pick up their tickets approximately 1 hours prior to the concert. The venue will require personal Identification to pick up tickets.
- In unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to accept prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required. Letter must include representative's name and ID, the winner's address and contact phone number, and a photocopy of the winner's driver's license. WSSB will qualify what constitutes a "unique situation."
- Only one (1) winner PER family/household every 30 days. The decision(s) of WSSB are final.
- All prizes, unless otherwise specified, MUST be picked up within 30 days of winning. WSSB will not notify winners of the time remaining on their winnings. It is the winner's responsibility to claim their winnings within the 30-day period.
- When specified, winners must sign a liability release form prior to the receipt of any and all prizes. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify WSSB, South Carolina State University and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless against any and all claims, liability and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise directly or indirectly out of the participant's participation in the Contest.
- Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. WSSB reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. However, WSSB will not substitute a prize at the winner's request. WSSB will not be responsible, or held liable for prizes that are awarded but become unavailable or to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. Prizes that include travel, concert or event dates (concert fly-aways, etc.) must be taken during dates designated by WSSB or the prize provider. WSSB is not responsible for defective prizes.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- WSSB is not responsible for problems occurring with the telephone system or E-mail system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in, fax, or Electronic-mail contest. In cases of malfunctions or disputes, the decision of WSSB will be final.
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, WSSB has the right to publicize and/or broadcast his/her name, character, likeness, voice, or all matters incidental herein without consideration.
- Winners are solely responsible for any and all state, local and federal taxes associated with the prize as well as for any expenses incurred but not specified as part of the prize.
- WSSB reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
- WSSB reserves the right to amend the rules of any contest. Specific contests may have an addendum to the general contest rules. General contest rules and addendums are available for review, during regular office hours, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.